Affairs and Infidelity| Age Gap Dating| Breaking Up| Commitment| Dating Tips and Advice| Divorce and Separation| Ecards| Flirting| Gifts and Flowers| Interracial Dating| Long Distance Relationships| Love Advice| Love Quizzes| Marriage| Relationship Issues| Romance| Single Parent Dating| Specialized Dating| Speed Dating| Teen Dating| Travel| Valentine Day| Wealthy Dating| Weddings| Widow and Widower dating| Workplace Dating
40 fun questions to ask your partner
As you embark on a new relationship, there are many things you’d like to know about your partner. Some things come up in the course of conversation. But there are many things that don’t just crop up in idle conversation. Or at other times you just want to have some fun with your lover and are curious to know what he’ll say in response to something.
Sometimes the questions may or may not have anything to do with your relationship, but they may still provide valuable insights into your partner’s psyche and personality. It can be a fun way to discover more about each other. You could decide to target two questions a week and both of you write down your answers to them on paper or email them to each other. Or simply share the answers verbally with each other, which has the added advantage of being able to laugh together at the responses you get. It can be especially fun if you’re just getting to know each other.
TIP: Try Tell Me Honey...2000 questions for Couples and get inside the mind of your partner with them.
- What was your first impression of me?
- How accurate do you now think it was? On which counts do you think you were totally wrong and on which were you right?
- What is your idea of a truly romantic evening?
- If I promise not to get upset, can you tell me something that you’d like to change in me but don’t have the nerve to tell me?
- If you weren’t in the profession you are, what would be your other dream profession and why?
- Apart from the most obvious one, which other two areas of your body are the most sensitive and responsive?
- Which three parts of my body are your personal favourites and why?
- Can you name three qualities that attracted you when you met me/got to know me?
- Which is your dream destination and why?
- Which is your favourite movie of all time and favourite scene in it? (If the other hasn’t seen it, narrate in detail.)
- Which fruit/vegetable do you think I resemble and why?
- Can you remember your earliest childhood memory of happiness and that of fear?
- Your favourite aunt/uncle/cousin and why?
- What are the qualities that draw you to people that you can base a friendship on?
- Can you give me a mock session of how you would discuss sex education when you have a child?
- Your first crush – what drew you to her/him?
- Your first date – where did you go, what did you do and how long did the relationship last?
- How have you coped with break-ups in the past?
- What has been your scariest dream? Which has been your most frequently recurring one?
- Which has been the best decision you ever made?
- Which is the decision you regret the most?
- Can you narrate to me your proudest moment?
- If you won the lottery, what are the first three things you would do and which are the five things you’ve been most longing for, that you would buy?
- If your house was on fire and you had a chance to grab only five things before leaving, they would be…
- If you were asked whom you would like to be born again as, the answer would be…
- Which is your favourite flavour of ice cream, your favourite junk food and your favourite dessert?
- Whose wardrobe would you most like to possess and why?
- The one argument your parents had, that you would try and avoid with your partner, would be over…
- Which is your favourite asset/body part on a man/woman and why?
- The most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you was…
- Your most wicked fantasy has got to be… (Be open to this one, if you react adversely, he/she will never feel free to confide in you again.)
- If our relationship doesn’t work out, do you think we can remain friends? If no, why not?
- Who are you closer to – your mum/dad - and why?
- Your favourite song of all times and why – is it because of the lyrics, because of the memories associated with it or just the whole package?
- If somebody handed you a magic lamp and gave you three wishes, what would they be?
- What upsets you most in a relationship and what makes you the happiest?
- What is your perception of how people see you?
- If someone told you they saw me with another guy, what would your first reaction be – she’s cheating on me, he’s probably an old friend or I need to get to the bottom of this?
- Can you think of something you craved for when you were young and were denied?
- Have you ever found yourself attracted to someone of the same sex?
A word of advice. Don't be judgmental of the responses you get, and try and be truthful when answering. This can be a wonderful way to just have fun or really get to know your partner more deeply.