Affairs and Infidelity| Age Gap Dating| Breaking Up| Commitment| Dating Tips and Advice| Divorce and Separation| Ecards| Flirting| Gifts and Flowers| Interracial Dating| Long Distance Relationships| Love Advice| Love Quizzes| Marriage| Relationship Issues| Romance| Single Parent Dating| Specialized Dating| Speed Dating| Teen Dating| Travel| Valentine Day| Wealthy Dating| Weddings| Widow and Widower dating| Workplace Dating
Lake Huron family vacations
Lake Huron area is an exciting spot for family vacations. Sunsets, beaches, hiking, trails, lighthouses, museums, fishing, bird watching, cycling, canoeing and kayaking are some of the fun activities to entice the whole family to this vacation paradise. Some of the attractive resorts for family vacations on Lake Huron are:
Lake Huron is the third largest of the five Great Lakes of America and covers a water area of 23,000 square miles. It is named after the Native American tribe Huron, who lived in this area when they were discovered by French trappers. Its shoreline encompasses states of two countries- Michigan (USA) and Ontario (Canada). One section of Lake Huron, Georgian Bay, is located entirely inside Canada.
The large shoreline and size offers unlimited opportunities for sports, fun and adventure for a family vacation. For boating and kayaking, head to Les Cheneaux Island. It is situated at the southern tip of the Upper Peninsula of the state of Michigan. There are 36 islands located off 15 miles of coastline. It is an excellent place for kayaking, water-skiing and exploring the islands. A few of the islands are inhabited and offer fine restaurants. Government Island offers adventure for campers.
Sauble Beach in Ontario is another great family vacation spot in Lake Huron. The lake beach is seven miles long, the second longest fresh water beach in North America. From sunbathing to water-skiing, wind surfing, swimming, tennis and golf, there is fun activity for every member of the family.
Lake Huron has 3,000 miles of shoreline and there are hundreds of Lake Huron motels, hotels and bed and breakfast places where you can enjoy your vacation. You will have to decide on your lodging on the basis of which country you want to vacation in. If you were on a Canadian trip, you would have to stay at one of the many places in Huron County, in Western Ontario.
In this part of Ontario there are many lovely places to stay, like Little Inn of Bayfield, located in Bayfield, Ontario. The Inn has a Four Diamond restaurant, spa and different packages for family getaways. Another beautiful Lake Huron getaway is Brentwood-on-the-Beach, located in Zurich, Ontario. This luxurious place is right on the water with private beachfront and other amenities. It has spas, pools, golf and fine dining. You have a choice of room or cottage and weekend getaway packages are available.
Also located in the Canadian part of Lake Huron is the world’s largest lake island, Manitoulin. The island has Canada’s last existing Indian reservation as well as lots of scenery and hiking trails. It has many inns and motels to choose from.
The other alternative is to head for the State of Michigan. There are many lovely towns situated beside Lake Huron. Some of the notable ones include Lake Huron, Saginaw and Bay City.
1) Mai Tiki Resort, Ausable Beach has condos, cottages and cabins for rental near pristine waters of Lake Huron for a peaceful vacation for the family.
2) Myrtle Beach Resort in Oscoda, Michigan has beach front condos for rent. Charming Family Resort, East Tawas, North Michigan: exciting beach resort for the family on the beaches of Lake Huron.
3) Lake Huron Surfside Resort in Oscoda has condominiums, perfect for a family getaway.
4) Redwood Motor Lodge, nestled on the shore of Lake Huron in north-east Michigan, with 210 ft of beachfront, has pools, jacuzzi, pool tables, darts, karaoke and videogames for kids.
5) Michigan resort hotel on Alcona Beach at Lake Huron in Harrisville, Michigan. This quiet resort is set on 56 acres of family owned woods and a quarter mile of private beach land. There is scope for cycling, tennis, golf, fishing, hiking, boating and a lighthouse tour. Fish include salmon, trout, perch and walleye. Fishing guides are available from Harrisville Harbor.
6) Thomas Park Side Cottages in Oscoda, Michigan - consists of 6 cottages and 7 condos located on 330 ft of white sandy beach on Lake Huron . It is considered one of the best sunrise side Michigan family vacation spots. It has some beautiful sunrises and sunsets to view. Trek through the Huron National Forest and spot the white-tailed deer. Bring your fishing gear and fish for top game fish like salmon and walleyes. Take a leisurely canoe or kayak ride down the Ausable River. There are also golf courses nearby.