Affairs and Infidelity| Age Gap Dating| Breaking Up| Commitment| Dating Tips and Advice| Divorce and Separation| Ecards| Flirting| Gifts and Flowers| Interracial Dating| Long Distance Relationships| Love Advice| Love Quizzes| Marriage| Relationship Issues| Romance| Single Parent Dating| Specialized Dating| Speed Dating| Teen Dating| Travel| Valentine Day| Wealthy Dating| Weddings| Widow and Widower dating| Workplace Dating
Duties of the Best Man at the Wedding
The Best Man is often the groom’s brother, cousin, best friend – a confidant or someone he has been close to for a better part of his life.
Duties of the Best Man (If from out of town, then all the duties may not be possible)
- Assist the groom with wedding-related shopping such as his tux, wedding ring, etc.
- Coordinate with the groomsmen regarding the tux measurements, payments etc.
- Host the bachelor party with the assistance of the groomsmen
- Coordinate regarding the rehearsal venue, attend the rehearsal dinner
- Assist the groom with any other activities as required
At the wedding…
- Assist the groom with getting ready
- Accompany/ drive the groom to the ceremony
- Coordinate with the other groomsmen/ male attendants regarding the seating arrangements, when to enter, etc.
- Hold the bride’s ring until the exchange of rings
- Take care of the officiant in terms of ensuring he has the marriage license, giving him his fee, etc.
- Make payments to other service providers, such as chauffeurs, if so requested by the groom
- Signing the marriage license as witness
- Escorting the Maid/ Matron of Honour and dancing with her
- Stand in the receiving line
- Make a toast to the bride and groom
- Mingle with the guests, ensure they are comfortable
- Take charge of the groom’s tux after the reception is over
- Take care of bride and groom's luggage, transfer from car to hotel room and arrange to transport wedding gifts from reception to parent’s/groom’s home